[Nut-upsuser] Gamatronic Smart Compact 750 with NUTs

Shlomo Dubrowin dubrowin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 13:03:50 UTC 2006

I was told by someone who used to have a Gamatronic to use the Fenton
driver.  However, when I use the Fenton driver I receive the following
error:

  Unknown ups - please report this ID string: #GAMATRONICS     SC06GM0G
V8.0
  Detected Unknown C06GM0G on /dev/ttyS1

The person who pointed me at this driver mentioned that Gamatronic changed
their banner and a patch or code change is needed.  I installed nut from
rpm, so I don't have the source.  Does anyone have advice how to get this
ups to talk to nut properly.  Thank you.

  Shlomo

/ |  '     \   | |"""""""""|           Shlomo Dubrowin
(  )         0  | |         |             (Sheldon)
    /  \-'~;      |""""""""|            dubrowin at gmail.com
   /  __/~| ._-""||        |          http://www.dubrowin.org