[Nut-upsuser] APC Question...

Arjen de Korte arjen at de-korte.org
Fri Jan 12 10:15:39 CET 2007

>> I've been following through the instructions on how to connect an APC
>> BackUPS 650 ES to USB, and have it monitored with NUT...

[...]

>> root at excalibur:/usr/src/nut-2.0.4# ./drivers/newhidups -a apc -u root
>> Network UPS Tools: New USB/HID UPS driver 0.28 (2.0.4)
>>
>> No matching USB/HID UPS found
>> root at excalibur:/usr/src/nut-2.0.4#
>>
>> Can anyone suggest a course of action I can take?..
>
> this should be due to the fact that you have not set the hotplug or udev
> rules.

Not very likely. He's running the driver as root, so this looks more like
what was reported on the Bugs Tracker for an APC Back-Ups ES725:

http://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=411542&aid=304333&group_id=30602

Solution is to upgrade to nut-2.0.5-pre2.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands