[Nut-upsuser] tripplite_usb interrupt errs

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 03:36:09 CET 2007

On 1/18/07, Eric A. Hall <ehall at ehsco.com> wrote:

> I keep getting this kind of stuff in /var/log/messages
>
> Jan 18 17:45:03 bulldog tripplite_usb[9979]: libusb_get_interrupt()
> returned -110 instead of 8
>
> Should I be worried about it? upsc seems to work fine...

It depends on the UPS model.

OMNIVS1000 units actually need to be polled several times with a short
timeout because of the odd way that their USB-to-serial system works.

Some of the SMARTPRO models seem to work right off the bat, but there
have been reports of timeouts.

Can you post the output of 'upsc' for that UPS? There are some debug
strings in there that will help track this down.

> I tried building the 2.0.5 but none of the included spec files seemed to
> work with opensuse 10.2 and adapting their 2.0.4 spec file didn't seem to
> work out well either. Building from source made a mess on install (had to
> restore from backup to clean it up), so... going to wait a bit on that.

If you are worried about making a mess on install, just build with
'./configure --prefix=$HOME/nut' or something similar.

Also, feel free to post the errors from the RPM build system, and we
can take a look. No promises, because I haven't heard of many people
using opensuse, but it can't hurt to ask on the nut-upsdev list.

--
- Charles Lepple