[Nut-upsuser] sweex 1000VA LB OB issue

Herman herman at ofzo.nl
Sun Jan 28 17:47:20 CET 2007

Arjen de Korte schreef:
> Herman wrote:
>

>> I have a question regarding a sweex product. Its bundled with UPSmart v
>> 2.12.
>> I installed nut accordingly to the user manual included in the software.
>> A quick check of data/drivers.list revealed to me i should use the:
>> "Sweex"         "500/1000"      "contact closure - shipped with
>> UPSmart"        "genericups upstype=7" driver
>>
>> this driver loads just fine. I also checked the other sweex's drivers
>> they won't load.
>>

> Are you absolutely sure that the UPS is connected to /dev/ttyS0? The
> fact that the driver is reporting "OB LB" may also mean nothing is
> connected to the port.
>
> Best regards, Arjen

Thank you for your fast reply,
Yes i am quite sure my Sweex UPS 1000VA is connected to the correct
port. This port is also owned by the NUT user.
I have tested this by connecting a modem and sending an AT commando to
it. It happily replayed with OK.

Also i have connected the UPS to a windows machine. The bundled software
worked on that machine UPSmart 2.14. The linux software on the CD wasn't
useful since i don't run X. The manual  i got with the UPS was a
complete waste of time. It was written for a different version software
i guess you would call it the "safenet" protocol.

This suggests that  sweex  doesn't know what UPS'es they are actually
shipping. Or to stupid to include the right manual..

ps. Sorry for personally emailing you i guess my mail settings are bored.