[Nut-upsuser] Nut and PowerWare 5115

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se
Thu Apr 16 15:58:24 UTC 2009

torsdag 16 april 2009 02:25:58 skrev  Greg:
> Hi everyone,

Hi Greg,

> Been searching like crazy to find an answer to this. I have even read some
> of the source code but cannot figure this one out.
>
> I have installed nut 2.4.1 on my QNAP 409 Pro. (command: ipkg install nut)
> I have configured the ups.conf, upsd.conf and upsd.users.
>
> When i run "upsdrvctl start" I get the following error messages and output.

> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.4.1
> Network UPS Tools - BCMXCP UPS driver 0.21 (2.4.1)
> USB communication subdriver 0.17
> Communications with UPS lost: Receive error (data): got 33 bytes instead of
> 116!!!
>
> Communications with UPS lost: Receive error (Request command): COMMAND: 31
>
> RECONNECT USB DEVICE
>
> Can't set POWERWARE USB configuration
> Unable to find POWERWARE UPS device on USB bus
This looks like a access rights problem.

Can you try the following. Start the driver in debug mode like this.

/path/to/bcmxcp_usb -DD -a PowerWare -u root

Normal the path is /lib/nut but check where the bcmxcp_usb is located.
This should spit out some debug info. Stop it by hitting ctrl-c.

Send me (and the list) the output.
8<-------------------------snip--------------------------------
> My ups.conf looks like this
>
> user=admin
>
> [PowerWare]
>
> driver = bcmxcp_usb
>
> port = auto
>
> desc = "PowerWare 5115 UPS"
>
> #pollinterval=1
>
> baud_rate = 9600
You can remove the baud_rate. It is only for the serial part of the driver.

Regards
Kjell (Driver author)