[Nut-upsuser] Nut and PowerWare 5115

Greg greg_roll at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 16 23:09:58 UTC 2009

Hi Kjell,

Thanks for the quick responce.

I have removed the baud_rate. My bcmxcp_usb is located in /opt/bin.
(structure of the QNAP device).
The QNAP does not have a root user but an admin user so I ran the command
with -u admin.

Running the command I got the same output i think.

[/opt/bin] # bcmxcp_usb -DD -a PowerWare -u admin
Network UPS Tools - BCMXCP UPS driver 0.21 (2.4.1)
USB communication subdriver 0.17
debug level is '2'
Communications with UPS lost: Receive error (data): got 33 bytes instead of
116!!!

Communications with UPS lost: Receive error (Request command): COMMAND: 31

RECONNECT USB DEVICE

Can't set POWERWARE USB configuration
Unable to find POWERWARE UPS device on USB bus

Things to try:

 - Connect UPS device to USB bus

 - Run this driver as another user (upsdrvctl -u or 'user=...' in ups.conf).
   See upsdrvctl(8) and ups.conf(5).

Fatal error: unusable configuration
CLOSING

Hopefully this might still be useful.