[Nut-upsuser] Belkin 800VA Universal AVR doesn't warn about battery

Gasper Kozak gasper.kozak at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 12:53:07 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 2:28 PM, Arjen de Korte
<nut+users at de-korte.org<nut%2Busers at de-korte.org>
> wrote:

> Citeren Gasper Kozak <gasper.kozak at gmail.com>:
>
>  I've installed the mentioned packages and LB event still doesn't get
>> generated/reported.
>>

> That is bad. In that case we need the output of
>
>    /path/to/usbhid-ups -DD -a upsname
>
> Note that I want exactly *two* debug flags here. Not more, not less. You'll
> want to stop all parts of NUT, fire up the above command and leave that
> running for about thirty seconds. Then kill the driver with ctrl-C and post
> the results here, so we can have a look what is going on.

Here it is, 30 seconds of output:
http://pastebin.com/f2c5aa338

>  Just to make sure, if values displayed with upsc are set to these values
>> battery.charge: 75
>> battery.charge.low: 30
>> battery.charge.warning: 30
>>
>> Then the driver should report LB when battery.charge is below
>> battery.charge.low (30)?
>>

> No, that's the job of the UPS.

I see, UPS should do it (via status). But is this value (30) the threshold
where it's supposed to start reporting LB?

>  What does battery.charge.warning have to do here?
>>

> It's the HID path 'UPS.PowerSummary.WarningCapacityLimit' as read by NUT.
> If you're interested in finding out what it means, I suggest the USB HID
> Power Device Class specifications. These are available online (Google is
> your friend).

I'll have a look.

Thanks,
Gasper