[Nut-upsuser] Accurate battery reports? (HP R3000 XR)

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Mon Jul 13 12:15:48 UTC 2009

Citeren Jon Bendtsen <jbendtsen op laerdal.dk>:

> I have a HP R3000 XR UPS which NUT never says is at 100% battery.
> It seems stuck in 98 or 99 . something percentage.

Please mention the driver you're using when asking for help.

> How accurate should i expect the reports to be? All my other UPSes
> has been and is at 100%, even those i have retired.

Most drivers will report the value received from the UPS directly so
you would have to ask the vendor/manufacturer about the accuracy of
the readings. Some drivers attempt to calculate the battery charge
themselves when the value is not reported by the UPS and generally
there will be a note in the man page about which algorithm is used then.

For basically all values that are reported, you should be looking at
changes and trend lines, rather than absolute values. A UPS is not a
measuring instrument and more often than not, the resolution of
readings doesn't reflect the accuracy.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list