[Nut-upsuser] Concept questions: Extra battery packs & additional UPSes...

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Sat Jul 31 09:47:39 UTC 2010

Citeren Richard <richard-nut op rain4us.net>:

> * Is there a way to configure NUT so that it recognizes the huge
> additional battery pack that has been attached to the 2200XL? The
> 51minutes runtime is a number consistent with the load we have
> placed on a stock standalone 2200XL.  With the extra large battery
> pack we've added, the runtime should be more than 2.5 hours.

NUT relies on the data that is reported by the UPS. If the UPS reports
the runtime is 51 minutes, that's all we list. However, chances are
that you can either tell the UPS that additional batteries are
installed *or* that running a runtime calibration will be sufficient
to fix your problem.

> * I see the "Bizzare configuration" graphic on the
> http://www.networkupstools.org/features/ and that sort of describes
> my configuration.   I haven't yet been able to compile a version of
> NUT on an old Slackware 9.0 server so I am hoping to have my master
> server monitor the little APC ups and then take action to shutdown
> the remote server via a script.  On which portions of the
> documentation do I need to focus to accomplish this?

We need some more info about the configuration. What should trigger
the shutdown? Are there any other UPSes involved? As long as you have
NUT clients for all systems involved, it is usually a matter of
setting the correct POWERVALUE in upsmon.conf and systems will
shutdown at the right time.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list