[Nut-upsuser] Concept questions: Extra battery packs & additional UPSes...

Michelle Konzack linux4michelle at tamay-dogan.net
Sat Jul 31 18:43:20 UTC 2010

Hello Richard,

> * Is there a way to configure NUT so that it recognizes the huge
> additional battery pack that has been attached to the 2200XL? The
> 51minutes runtime is a number consistent with the load we have
> placed on a stock standalone 2200XL.  With the extra large battery
> pack we've added, the runtime should be more than 2.5 hours.
>

> * I see the "Bizzare configuration" graphic on the
> http://www.networkupstools.org/features/ and that sort of describes
> my configuration.   I haven't yet been able to compile a version of
> NUT on an old Slackware 9.0 server so I am hoping to have my master
> server monitor the little APC ups and then take action to shutdown
> the remote server via a script.  On which portions of the
> documentation do I need to focus to accomplish this?

It seems, yu have the same problem as me with the APC  3000RM  rackmount
which I use with 8 EXB to get over 6 hour of autonomy.

NUT does not recogniser the 8 extension packs.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack

itsystems at tdnet France EURL       itsystems at tdnet UG (limited liability)
Owner Michelle Konzack            Owner Michelle Konzack

Apt. 917 (homeoffice)
50, rue de Soultz                 Kinzigstraße 17
67100 Strasbourg/France           77694 Kehl/Germany
Tel: +33-6-61925193 mobil         Tel: +49-177-9351947 mobil
Tel: +33-9-52705884 fix

<http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/>  <http://www.flexray4linux.org/>
<http://www.debian.tamay-dogan.net/>         <http://www.can4linux.org/>

Jabber linux4michelle at jabber.ccc.de