[Nut-upsuser] Understanding the shutdown sequence of steps for a master and slave configuration

Gabriele gabriele.mailing at rvmgroup.it
Fri Apr 20 07:55:11 UTC 2012

Hy,
I have the same situation.
In brief: the trick is to put FINALDELAY 600 on the master node.

My shutdown sequence is:

* power outage occurs
* master not waits 300 seconds (timer of upssched)
* after 300 seconds, the master node sends shutdown signal to all slaves
* masternode waits 600 seconds (FINALDELAY) doing nothing
* all slaves initiates shutdown. I calculated that I have enough time.
* when the 600 seconds FINALDELAY expires on master, it starts shutdown
* My UPS is configured to wait 340 seconds before cutting power
* after 340 seconds, power is disconnected
* when power returns, my ups will wait for 90 seconds AND at le
ast 15% of battery power to restore power

My 2c,
--
Gabriele