[Nut-upsuser] NUT 2.6.3-1 Windows package

Dmitry Ogorodnikov dmitry.b.ogorodnikov at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 01:07:41 UTC 2012

Hi again,

I have a problem — NUT won't restart after short power failure.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Start NUT. We get "Starting" and "Startup succesful" in syslog.
2. Disconnect line power cord from UPS, wait for awhile, and connect
it back. We got "On battery", "Timer started", "On line", "Timer
cancelled", "Query empty, exiting" in syslog. After that NUT works OK.
3. Restart NUT service. We get "Starting" in syslog, but no "Startup
succesful". Now it doesn't work, upsmon.exe isn't running.

How to ressurect it: stop service, delete %nut%\var\run\upsmon.pid,
start service.

My upsmon.conf:

MONITOR test at 10.35.0.180 1 upsmonuser mypassword slave
MINSUPPLIES 1
SHUTDOWNCMD "C:\\NUT\\shutdown.bat"
NOTIFYCMD "C:\\NUT\\sbin\\upssched.exe"
POLLFREQ 5
POLLFREQALERT 5
HOSTSYNC 15
DEADTIME 15
POWERDOWNFLAG /etc/killpower
NOTIFYMSG ONLINE	"ONLINE"
NOTIFYMSG ONBATT	"ONBATT"
NOTIFYFLAG ONLINE	SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
NOTIFYFLAG ONBATT	SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
RBWARNTIME 43200
NOCOMMWARNTIME 300
FINALDELAY 5

Thanks in advance.

Also, one little thing: upssched.conf.sample has Unix EOLs and cannot
be edited properly with built-in notepad.exe. I think it should has
Windows EOLs.

Regards,
Dmitry