[Nut-upsuser] UPS restart delay

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 06:47:33 UTC 2012

Hi Dan,

2012/8/10 Daniel O'Connor <doconnor at gsoft.com.au>

> On 09/08/2012, at 23:37, Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> > sorry for the time taken to provide you an answer, but there it is :)
>
> No problem, I am happy you could try it on the same hardware .

sure, it's always better to ensure a user problem is solved.

> > There is a data (HID: UPS.PowerSummary.PresentStatus.Switchable) that
> wasn't mapped in NUT.
> > This data allows to send shutdown order to the UPS, and is equivalent to
> what you have on the LCD screen of the UPS.
> >
> > I've not seen this before because this data is enabled by default...
>
> Hmm, what parameter is it called on the LCD panel?

Refer to the manual:
http://pqtools.eaton.com/download/intl/products/comet-ex-rt/148-man_uk_08.pdf
page 27, chapter 3, ON/OFF features => UPS ON/OFF by software

the parameter I've added in NUT (ups.shutdown) is directly connected to the
same data than the above LCD feature.

I was on holiday when the UPS was tested and shipped so I didn't get a
> chance to try things myself.

the danger of letting other do the work ;-)

> > The fix is both attached (limited to the code) and committed to the
> trunk r3717:
> > http://trac.networkupstools.org/projects/nut/changeset/3717
> >
> > Once applied, check with upsc that "ups.shutdown" is set to "enabled".
> > Otherwise, use:
> >
> > You can then test it using "upsmon -c fsd" if you have protected loads,
> or simply with:
> >
> > Can you please confirm back that the issue is closed on your side?
>
> I should be able to try it later on today, or tomorrow.
>
> Thanks again!

ok, let me know if you still face any issue.
I'll be on vacation at the end of next week...

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix / Opensource Engineering Expert - Eaton -
http://opensource.eaton.com