[Nut-upsuser] upssched script doesn't start on event [SOLVED]

Anna Skorokhodova (Yandex) anatanna at yandex.ru
Thu Jun 28 07:05:49 UTC 2012

Dear Arnaud,
thank you for your NUT and great support.

On 27.06.2012 20:15, Arnaud Quette wrote:

>     This was a permission error.
>

> just to be sure, for other members, was it a "chmod 770
> /var/run/nut/upssched/" or anything similar?
it was group execute permission to upssched-cmd script (nut:nut 750)
i've set it at the moment when i was composing post to list.
this is still strange for me, but it works. (see permission listing below)

>     PS: Do you know is there any possibility to simulate UPS to go to
>     OB without pulling out the power plug from UPS? (any test command
>     to upsmon to generate OB or LB event) I need to test upssched
>     activities but UPS-box is located under the roof.
>

> http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/user-manual.chunked/ar01s06.html#Shutdown_design
> you will especially be interest in "upsmon -c fsd"
I can't use this command on live-servers because it shuts down the UPS
box. UPS stands for Debian, Office PBX, AD Server, Cable Modem, Switches etc
I need emulate OB event to check nut activities without actually
switching off the power from the equipment.

Just as note for other members- Ippon Smart Winner can't power-on the
master after FSD. BIOS is in Power-ON state, but it doesn't work :(
And after FSD other UPS box consumers can't be waken up by WOL (up
script on master), ASUS claims it's because WOL needs 5V for keeping status.

> another possibility is using the dummy-ups driver:
> http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/developer-guide.chunked/ar01s10.html#dev-simu
I"ll try it. thank you.
------------------------
ls -la /etc/nut
drwxr-xr-x   2 root nut   4096 Июн 26 12:42 .
drwxr-xr-x 102 root root  4096 Июн 27 14:06 ..
-rw-r--r--   1 root root  1417 Июн 10 13:49 nut.conf
-rw-r-----   1 root nut   3897 Июн 20 12:24 ups.conf
-rw-r-----   1 root nut   1828 Июн 10 19:52 upsd.conf
-rw-r-----   1 root nut   2142 Июн 16 21:21 upsd.users
-rw-r-----   1 root nut  12007 Июн 21 16:13 upsmon.conf
-rwxr-x---   1 nut  nut    717 Июн 26 12:33 upssched-cmd
-rw-r-----   1 root nut   4042 Июн 26 12:32 upssched.conf
-rw-r--r--   1 root root   656 Июн 22 15:44 ups_warning.txt

ls -la /var/run/nut/upssched/
drwxr-xr-x 2 nut  nut 4096 Июн 25 14:37 .
drwxrwx--- 3 root nut 4096 Июн 26 15:52 ..

--
A.