[Nut-upsuser] NUT MGE Pulsar Ellipse Premium 800: Changed NUT rw variables?

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 12:51:39 UTC 2012

2012/6/28 Tmima Pliroforikis Perifereiakis Enotitas Pierias <
pliroforiki at pieria.pkm.gov.gr>

> 28/6/2012, Arnaud Quette wrote:
>

>> 2012/6/28 Tmima Pliroforikis Perifereiakis Enotitas Pierias
>> <pliroforiki at pieria.pkm.gov.gr <mailto:pliroforiki at pieria.**pkm.gov.gr<pliroforiki at pieria.pkm.gov.gr>
>> >>

>>    The only thing that worries me is the "BOOST" at the end, which
>>    simply was not there before. Running upsc gave me the following:
>>

>> part of the "more features available"...
>>
>> before going further, please upgrade to 2.6.4: there were important
>> (crucial) fixes that makes previous versions looking immature!
>> your below reported issues are very possibly related to this.
>>
>> once you updated and tested a bit again, please come back to see if
>> there are still issues (even usability ones).
>>

> Just checked with the FreeBSD ports tree and the latest available is
> 2.6.1, so I'll recheck in 2-3 weeks for a newer NUT and will follow-up with
> my findings on this list.

so, in the meantime, prefer to revert back to mge-shut and modify
temporarily your setting of ups.delay.* through upsrw by ondelay/offdelay
in ups.conf. Using ups.timer will directly start the countdown, which is
probably not the desired behavior (equivalent to calling shutdown.return,
with using ondelay/offdelay in ups.conf).

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix / Opensource Engineering Expert - Eaton -
http://opensource.eaton.com