[Nut-upsuser] Upsonic IRT1000 on Nut 2.2.1-2.1ubuntu7.2 (Ubuntu Hardy)

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 17:46:46 UTC 2012

2012/3/15 Matthew Cengia <mattcen at cyber.com.au>:
> On 2012-03-15 11:32, Matthew Cengia wrote:
> [...]
>> Hi Arnaud,
>>
>> Thanks for the info. My manager has borrowed an SNMP card for the
>> Upsonic IRT1000 UPS from the supplier, and I'm currently testing whether
>> it will do the job rather than having to get an entirely different UPS.
>>
>> I've installed the NUT SNMP driver (using the IETF MIB), and can get the
>> following information from the UPS:
>>
>>   cyber at sbls-understudy:~$ sudo upsc ups01
>>   battery.charge: 100.0
>>   battery.current: 0.0
>>   battery.runtime: 0.0
>>   battery.runtime.low: 2
>>   battery.voltage: 29.3
>>   driver.name: snmp-ups
>>   driver.parameter.mibs: ietf
>>   driver.parameter.pollfreq: 15
>>   driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
>>   driver.parameter.port: 192.168.1.28
>>   driver.parameter.snmp_version: v1
>>   driver.version: 2.2.1-
>>   driver.version.internal: 0.42 (mib: ietf 1.2)
>>   input.current: 835406.4
>>   input.frequency: 49.9
>>   input.phases: 1.0
>>   input.voltage: 0.0
>>   output.current: 0.1
>>   output.frequency: 49.9
>>   output.phases: 1.0
>>   output.realpower: 0.0
>>   output.voltage: -29733682.0
>>   ups.firmware: 01
>>   ups.firmware.aux: 2.45.DP520.WEST
>>   ups.load: 562020.0
>>   ups.mfr:
>>   ups.model:
>>   ups.power: 835406.0
>>   ups.serial:
>>   ups.status: OL
>>   cyber at sbls-understudy:~$
>
> I suppose a more useful question would be: Are these other (incorrect)
> values actually necessary for NUT to function? For example, does NUT
> simply look at the battery.charge percentage, and ups.status fields, and
> based on those, decide when to start shutting down hosts? If these
> incorrect values aren't actually used, then I can simply ignore them and
> move on.

ups.status is the only thing basically:
http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/user-manual.chunked/ar01s06.html#UPS_shutdown

you may also consider updating nut since 2.2.1 is oldish (December 21, 2007).
both snmp-ups and ietf MIB support have been improved since that time.

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com