[Nut-upsuser] NUT 2.6.3-1 Windows package

Frédéric Bohé fredericbohe at eaton.com
Thu May 3 09:26:12 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-04-28 at 12:07 +1100, Dmitry Ogorodnikov wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I have a problem — NUT won't restart after short power failure.
> Steps to reproduce:

I can't manage to reproduce this behavior.

> 1. Start NUT. We get "Starting" and "Startup succesful" in syslog.
> 2. Disconnect line power cord from UPS, wait for awhile, and connect
> it back. We got "On battery", "Timer started", "On line", "Timer
> cancelled", "Query empty, exiting" in syslog. After that NUT works OK.
> 3. Restart NUT service. We get "Starting" in syslog, but no "Startup
> succesful". Now it doesn't work, upsmon.exe isn't running.

How do you restart NUT ? I guess you click on "Stop service" then "Start
service" right ?

When you are facing this issue, can you try to manually run upsmon in a
console (cmd.exe):

cd C:\NUT\sbin
upsmon -DDDDD

And send me the output (you can copy/paste in a console via the top left
icon of its window. Choose Modify->Select, drag the cursor above what
you want to be copied then press enter. You can then paste this
somewhere).

Regards,
Fred

--