[Nut-upsuser] NUT 2.6.3-1 Windows package

Frédéric Bohé fredericbohe at eaton.com
Fri May 4 10:05:47 UTC 2012

Hello Dmitry,

On Fri, 2012-05-04 at 10:52 +1100, Dmitry Ogorodnikov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > How do you restart NUT ? I guess you click on "Stop service" then "Start
> > service" right ?
>
> "My computer" > "Manage" > "Services" > Right-click on NUT > "Restart"
>
> > When you are facing this issue, can you try to manually run upsmon in a
> > console (cmd.exe):
> >
> > cd C:\NUT\sbin
> > upsmon -DDDDD
>
> So, I stat NUT service, pull out power cord on ~10 seconds, push it
> back and stop NUT service. After that:
>
> C:\Program Files (x86)\NUT\sbin>upsmon -DDDDD
> Network UPS Tools upsmon 2.6.3-3534:3545M
> Fatal error: A previous upsmon instance is already running!
> Either stop the previous instance first, or use the 'reload' command.
>
> Process "upsmon" actually isn't running.
> I cannot imagine how it happens.  When this situation occurs, removing
> upsmon.pid helps, BUT without disconnecting power cord NUT
> starts/restarts fine even with existing upsmon.pid.
>
> Here is my current upsmon.conf:
>
> MONITOR test at 10.35.0.180 1 upsmonuser mypassword slave
> MINSUPPLIES 1
> SHUTDOWNCMD "cscript \"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\NUT\\bin\\chronos\\main.vbs\""
> NOTIFYCMD "cscript \"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\NUT\\bin\\chronos\\main.vbs\""
> NOTIFYMSG ONLINE	"ONLINE"
> NOTIFYMSG ONBATT	"ONBATT"
> NOTIFYFLAG ONLINE	SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
> NOTIFYFLAG ONBATT	SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
> POLLFREQ 5
> POLLFREQALERT 5
> HOSTSYNC 15
> DEADTIME 15
> RBWARNTIME 43200
> NOCOMMWARNTIME 300
> FINALDELAY 5
>
> main.vbs is a stub script that just writes a log. It gets the notifies
> and works as expected.
> As you can see, in this case I don't use upssched.

I finally manage to reproduce this behavior. Nevertheless it happens
only when I do not click on the pop up message boxes.

Here is what I do:
start NUT
unplug power cord (a pop up window appear and I do not touch it)
re-plug the cord
restart the service with Computer Managment application => upsmon do not
start
click on the 2 pop up windows (ONBATT and ONLINE)
restart the service with Computer Managment application => upsmon
restart OK

So, did you click on the pop-up windows when you have this bug ? Do you
even see those pop-up windows ?
The pop up windows are triggered with the WALL directive of the
NOTIFYFLAG command. So you can try removing this directive and see if
this fix this issue until I fix it in the code.

By the way, which Windows version are you using ?

regards,
Fred

> Can I get a "-DDDDD" output from upsmon when it runs as NUT service?

No, it's not possible with current implementation of NUT service. You
need to use the console for this.

--
Eaton Opensource Team - http://opensource.eaton.com