[Nut-upsuser] UPS compatibility list

Kris Jordan nut01.kj at sagebrushnetworks.com
Fri Sep 20 22:55:58 UTC 2013

Chris Boot wrote, On 9/19/2013 12:16 AM:
> On 19/09/13 01:30, Kris Jordan wrote:
>> Luke-Jr wrote, On 9/18/2013 1:02 PM:
>>> I wanted to suggest some rating for functionality. I got the UPS
>>> available
>>> that seemed to have the best possible rating from NUT's list (Eaton
>>> Powerware
>>> UPS 1500), and found out it doesn't support telling me battery level or
>>> runtime! :/
>> I'm avoiding Eaton/Powerware because the lack of usbhid support, the
>> bcmxcp driver doesn't report much
> bootc at tarquin ~ $ upsc pw9120

<snip>

> It doesn't?

Turns out my choice of UPS is partially to blame. Still, there are items
still missing from the driver, like battery.runtime.low and beeper
control. I was also told it needed a complete rewrite and it was no
where near as complete as the other drivers, mge/hid. Alf has been
working on it lately.

Thanks.