[Nut-upsuser] Problems with NUT on Raspberry Pi

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Sat Oct 26 12:43:50 BST 2019

On Sat, 26 Oct 2019, EP wrote:

> I installed NUT on raspberry pi as a NUT-Server. It works fine so far with a
> Cyberpower OR600ELCDRM1U (used driver: usbhid-ups). The Pi recognizes power
> loss and shuts down itself and the ups as it should.
>
> Problem: The UPS comes up immediately after shutting down. This is a big issue
> because there is no power, the server (NUT-Slave) begins powering up and the
> battery will drain within one minute.

How old are the batteries?

> The UPS should stay off until power comes back on line. Can you help me with
> this?

"Shutting down" or "turning off" a UPS means turning off the power outlets to
the Pi. The instruction manual at
https://www.montersi.pl/pliki/or600elcdrm1u-instrukcja-25681.pdf says

  Management
  Self -Test    Yes
  Auto-Charger  Yes
  Auto-Restart  Yes

so it looks as if the UPS Unit should be able to turn off the power outlets and
turn them on again when wall power resumes.  Do you hear a "clac" from the
internal relays when the UPS turns off the power outlets?

Roger