[Nut-upsuser] Problems with NUT on Raspberry Pi

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 15:20:30 BST 2019

On Oct 26, 2019, at 10:10 AM, EP wrote:

>> This sounds a lot like this issue, so beware that ondelay for CyberPower may not work as described in the generic usbhid-ups documentation:
>
>> https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/issues/625
>

> OK, thanks, I had a look into this. Does that mean I have to add a line "ondelay=0" and that should result in keeping the UPS off until the power returns?

I think so.

Also, depending on how solid the power is when it comes back on, you may want to consider FAQ #49:

https://networkupstools.org/docs/FAQ.html#_my_ups_powers_up_immediately_after_a_power_failure_instead_of_waiting_for_the_batteries_to_recharge

I haven't looked into how to fix this in the presence of systemd (assuming Raspbian). It seems complicated, since there are timeouts when systemd starts each unit.