[Nut-upsuser] nut server without nut-client/monitor?

Orion Poplawski orion at nwra.com
Fri Apr 7 17:02:29 BST 2023

On 4/7/23 02:58, Jim Klimov wrote:
> Isn't "nut" package there an umbrella/meta-package (in terms of other distros)
> to pull together the likely suspects in one command?

Not the Fedora package, no.  "nut" contains the core server components.

> Not at a computer now, but I think Debian and OpenIndiana packages were
> grouped this way. Likely all packages with daemons would depend on a
> "nut-common" package then, to consistently deliver user accounts,
> systemd-tmpfiles and other similar shared bits.

Yes, looks like they have:

nut/bionic,bionic 2.7.4-5.1ubuntu2 all - metapackage
nut-cgi/bionic 2.7.4-5.1ubuntu2 amd64
nut-client/bionic 2.7.4-5.1ubuntu2 amd64
nut-doc/bionic,bionic 2.7.4-5.1ubuntu2 all
nut-ipmi/bionic 2.7.4-5.1ubuntu2 amd64
nut-monitor/bionic,bionic 2.7.4-5.1ubuntu2 all
nut-server/bionic 2.7.4-5.1ubuntu2 amd64
nut-snmp/bionic 2.7.4-5.1ubuntu2 amd64
nut-xml/bionic 2.7.4-5.1ubuntu2 amd64

And installing nut-server gets you:

The following additional packages will be installed:
  libupsclient4 nut-client
Suggested packages:
  nut-monitor nut-cgi nut-ipmi nut-snmp nut-xml
  libupsclient4 nut-client nut-server

Interesting that the monitor is a separate package from client.  I think it's
much too late though to start changing the Fedora package names around.