[Nut-upsuser] Vertiv Liebert

Bruce Pleat bpleat at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 21:49:22 BST 2023

Hello,

I was able to get the Vertiv/Liebert UPS (Vertiv Liebert PSA5 1500VA 900W -
PSA5-1500MT120) to start working with NUT and "usbhid" driver, but would
appreciate help to get it to work properly.

Here's the output from the "upsc" command for a Cyberpower UPS I have:

battery.charge: 100
battery.charge.low: 10
battery.charge.warning: 20
battery.mfr.date: CPS
battery.runtime: 3575
battery.runtime.low: 300
battery.type: PbAcid
battery.voltage: 27.0
battery.voltage.nominal: 24
device.mfr: CPS
device.model: ABMT1500
device.serial: FCEMU2001294
device.type: ups
driver.name: usbhid-ups
driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.parameter.product: AB.*
driver.parameter.productid: 0501
driver.parameter.synchronous: no
driver.parameter.vendorid: 0764
driver.version: 2.7.4
driver.version.data: CyberPower HID 0.4
driver.version.internal: 0.41
input.voltage: 118.0
input.voltage.nominal: 120
output.voltage: 135.0
ups.beeper.status: enabled
ups.delay.shutdown: 20
ups.delay.start: 30
ups.load: 17
ups.mfr: CPS
ups.model: ABMT1500
ups.productid: 0501
ups.realpower.nominal: 900
ups.serial: FCEMU2001294
ups.status: OL
ups.test.result: No test initiated
ups.timer.shutdown: -60
ups.timer.start: -60
ups.vendorid: 0764

Here's the (far less lengthy) output for the Vertiv Liebert:

device.mfr: Vertiv Co
device.model: Liebert PSA5
device.serial: 22223106602D04C
device.type: ups
driver.name: usbhid-ups
driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.parameter.productid: 0002
driver.parameter.synchronous: no
driver.parameter.vendorid: 10AF
driver.version: 2.7.4
driver.version.data: Belkin/Liebert HID 0.17
driver.version.internal: 0.41
ups.mfr: Vertiv Co
ups.model: Liebert PSA5
ups.productid: 0002
ups.serial: 22223106602D04C
ups.status: OB
ups.vendorid: 10af

As you can see, useful information is missing from the Liebert/Vertiv:

battery.charge
battery.charge.low
battery.charge.warning
battery.mfr.date
battery.runtime
battery.runtime.low
battery.type
battery.voltage
battery.voltage.nominal
driver.parameter.product
input.voltage
input.voltage.nominal
output.voltage
ups.beeper.status
ups.delay.shutdown
ups.delay.start
ups.load
ups.realpower.nominal
ups.test.result
ups.timer.shutdown
ups.timer.start

At the VERY least, I'd expect the ups.* fields so that I can check UPS
status.

Is this all the Vertiv Liebert UPS provides to NUT, or is this some sort of
configuration issue we can rectify?

What I'm doing after that is checking it via Nagios, command line of:
/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_nut -d cyberpower at localhost -w 99 -c 50 -l 20
-L 30
...works well...
UPS cyberpower at localhost (ABMT1500) OK: battery charge: 100, temperature:
0, load: 17
...but...
/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_nut -d vertiv at localhost -w 99 -c 50 -l 20 -L
30
...produces...
Battery critical: 0UPS warning: status OB

I'm running it connected to a Raspberry Pi 4B (latest patches applied
nightly), so I'd prefer to do it from there.

Is there debugging I can do?
(I'm a NUT rookie and admit to finding the docs overwhelming.)
Thanks in advance.
.