leo at debian.org
Wed Nov 28 20:37:43 GMT 2018
Sven Hartge <sven at svenhartge.de> writes:
> I just tested the tray monitor and the configuration we ship is broken
> on the syntax level. And I have to admit it: my changes made it even
> worse, so I have to fix it. (In my defense: they looked OK and in sync
> with the way the rest is configured, so ...)
> I used the tray-monitor itself to generate a new fresh configuration
> file and compared that to the versions shipped by upstream and can now say:
> bacula-tray-monitor.conf.in is the correct one. I adapted the patch,
> made both configuration templates the same (until we figure out, which
> gets used in the end) and pushed an update.
I think so far it's up to us which one is used... but it would be better
to be in line with the rest of the world. I'll try with a followup on my
question on bacula-devel soonish.
> But after the configuration is correct, the tool works and displays the
> currently running and past jobs.
Good, better than my black box :-)
> Before we release a new version we should find out what
> https://appstream.debian.org/sid/main/issues/bacula-tray-monitor.html means.
My guess is that it expects a file named "bacula-tray-monitor.xpm"
instead of the "generic.xpm" that we have.
More information about the pkg-bacula-devel