[sane-devel] HP ScanJet 4100C - assertion failed

Yves Martin ymartin59 at free.fr
Wed Oct 15 07:24:29 BST 2003

   Hello,

 I have done some job with my 4100C:
 - install the libusb-devel package - to help configure and get libusb
   in sane-backends !!
 - remove drivers/usb/scanner.o from lib/modules
 - unload esscom.o module
 - Boot my kernel with noapic and acpi=off

 All logs are in the zip file.
 It seems that 'noapic' has no effect. Next step: remove options from the
 kernel configuration and rebuild it.

 Is there another way to disable APIC ?

 With acpi enabled, the scanner is detected and rejected many times.
 With acpi=off, it seems better.

 The scanimage -L fails with the same assertion. But it runs really faster
 than my previous trials (with acpi...)

 May I hope the 2.6 kernel with ACPI will manage the USB bus more efficiently ?

--
Yves Martin