[sane-devel] Accessing Canon imageRunner 5570 over network?

Stephan Schmieg stephan at die-schmiegs.de
Fri Apr 6 15:08:11 UTC 2007

Hi folks,

I've been using sane and its frontends for a really long time with
scanners from HP and Mustek. Now I've access to a Canon imageRunner
iR-5570 Copying / Printing / Scanning station. Printing isn't really a
problem because Canon offers SQue, which is a printing queue management
system for linux.

Scanning, however, seems to be a bit more problematic. The station is
accessed over TCP/IP (both the printer and the scanner are running the
same ip-adress). Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to access the
scanner over the network.

Any ideas how to solve this problem?

Thank you for your efforts in advance!

Stephan Schmieg