[sane-devel] sane plustek with two similar usb scanners connected (Canon lide 20): error during device I/O

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard at gjaeger.de
Fri Apr 13 08:24:49 UTC 2007

On Friday 06 April 2007 12:41, xavier desurmont wrote:
> I try to use 2 scanners (the same ones). I connect the
> two usb, switch on the computer and then :
>
> va2 at va2-desktop:~$ lsusb
> Bus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> Bus 003 Device 005: ID 04a9:220d Canon, Inc. CanoScan
> N670U/N676U/LiDE 20
> Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> Bus 001 Device 004: ID 04a9:220d Canon, Inc. CanoScan
> N670U/N676U/LiDE 20
> Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> Bus 002 Device 002: ID 046d:c016 Logitech, Inc.
> M-UV69a Optical Wheel Mouse
> Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

[SNIPSNAP]

> conclusion:
> -there is a problem
> -I would say that the initialisation procedure of the
> plustek backend doesn't refer completely to the
> parameter --device-name plustek:libusb:0xx:0yy and
> proceed some command to the wrong scanner, then the
> continuation of the procedure is corrupted and it
> fails
> -I have ubuntu 6.10, and the error is working with
> several different computers.
>
> How to arrange that ? :-)

Xavier,

I've tested yesterday with two LiDE30 on my box, using
the latest CVS snapshot (but I guess 1.0.18 should do
the trick too) and it works for me. It works using
scanimage -d and xsane (two instances in parallel).

What backend version are you using? Could you repeat
the test, but please to export SANE_DEBUG_PLUSTEK=19
before issuing the scanimage command. I'd like to see
the output of the Plustek-backend.

- Gerhard