[sane-devel] A Cooperation Message from Plustek Inc.

Yury Tarasievich yury.tarasievich at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 16:43:47 UTC 2016

On 01/11/16 14:37, m. allan noah wrote:
> Jenson- The SANE project certainly could accept your code for
> inclusion into our repository, if a few conditions are met. Namely:
>
> 1. The code must be completely open and suitable for use with our
> license. No binary or precompiled code, other than possible firmware
> uploads.

Isn't requiring anything beyond the point 1 a
teensy bit over-reaching?

I'd surely could use the open-sourced Plustek
code w/r for advise on things like motor speedup
curves, calibration, etc., for my plustek pro st28.

I could never get to look into that tedious
business of usb capturing/analysing/etc.

With working code on hand things like that
become easier.

If, of course, I'm understanding the proposal
correctly.

-Yury