[sane-devel] scanimage version

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 23:43:36 UTC 2016

I'm totally confused- the developers on this list are the authors of
the scanimage program you are using. The current version is 1.0.25.
But no matter, because I don't think scanimage is the source of your
problem. The issue here is with the brother driver, which you got from
brother, not from us. I've said this repeatedly, and am going to say
it louder now and in public, so maybe you will hear it. Contact
brother with your issues, as it is unlikely anyone here will be able
to help you.

allan

On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 6:47 PM, Vince Radice <vhradice at cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     I am having a problem with my scanner - Brother MFC240C.  It worked
> until I upgraded my pc hardware and also the os to Fedora 24 64bit.  I have
> been trying to figure out what is really wrong and came up to a stumbling
> block.  The version of scanimage I have is 1.0.25.  I have contacted the
> current vendor of scanimage. According to them the current version is 5.0
> and is windows only. They do not have the source code to any version earlier
> than 3.0.  I have used xsane in the past but I get an error every time I try
> the scanner.  The error is
>
> Failed to start scanner: Invalid argument
>
>     Is this the place to get help trying to figure out what the problem is?
>
> Thank you,
> Vince Radice
>
> --

of my hand"