[sane-devel] Problem with Sane over network

Luca Bertoncello lucabert at lucabert.de
Sun Apr 12 20:19:01 BST 2020

Am 12.04.2020 um 20:47 schrieb Luca Bertoncello:

So, maybe I found something...

> The network 192.168.5.0/24 is my network for printers. It has access to
> my NTP-Server and my Mail-Server and my PC-Network (192.168.10.0/24) has
> full access to the printer network.
> With all printers and the old scanner (HP OfficeJet 6500a) it works...

As I said in my first post, I use scanbd to manage the buttons of the
scanner and have a copier.

scanbd should manage the saned socket as well as saned self, but
apparently it doesn't...

I _STOPPED_ the scanbm.socket and scanbd.service, then I _STARTED_
saned.socket.
Tadah! I can use my scanner from net...

So the problem _MUST_ be by scanbd/scanbm...
Has someone an idea how to configure them in order to use the buttons
_AND_ have access to the scanner from network?

Thanks
Luca Bertoncello
(lucabert at lucabert.de)