[sane-devel] Problem with Sane over network

Dr.-Ing. Dieter Jurzitza dieter.jurzitza at t-online.de
Sun Apr 12 20:08:37 BST 2020

Hello Luca,
ok. Ping works - this is an initial step. Look here on my small box:

fred at scanner:~ $ systemctl status saned.socket
● saned.socket - saned incoming socket
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/saned.socket; enabled; vendor preset:
enabled)
   Active: active (listening) since Sun 2020-04-12 11:07:57 CEST; 9h ago
   Listen: [::]:6566 (Stream)
 Accepted: 0; Connected: 0

does this show the same on your site?

On the "main" pc I have only the net backend enabled:
cat /etc/sane.d/dll.conf | sed '/^#/d'
net

can you check this? sane-find-scanner finds nothing.

fred at djunix:/etc/sane.d> scanimage -L
device `net:scanner:hp:libusb:001:002' is a Hewlett-Packard ScanJet 63x0C
flatbed scanner
default device is `net:scanner.karlsruhe.edu:hp:libusb:001:002'

Hope this helps,
best

Dieter