[sane-devel] Canon Canoscan 9000F customise document length

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 21:03:13 BST 2020

There is no reason to think that any particular scanner will support
that capability. Many of them get information about the total length
of the scan before they start, and there is a firmware limit to that
value.

You will need a simplistic scanner that just streams data of an
indeterminate length until the host stops asking for data.

allan

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 3:05 PM Michael Rose <bugfixer at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm new here so please forgive me if I'm not doing things right. I was hoping someone could help me. I am trying to modify a Canonscan 9000F scanner so that I can scan A4 width documents of any length beyond 11.7 inches. I can modify the scanner enclosure and extend or replace the glass platter. I need help with modifying the sane backend driver. Does anyone know if this is possible? How would I go about doing this? I Any suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks.
>
> Mike

of my hand"