[sane-devel] Canon Canoscan 9000F customise document length

Michael Rose bugfixer at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Aug 31 21:25:53 BST 2020

HI Allan,

Thanks for your input. For my purposes I probably won't need to scan beyond 40 inches.  I use the scanimage frontend on the command line. Where can I find information on how to modify the SANE backend for this model?  If the value for document length is somehow sent to the scanner before the scan then I would like to be able to put in my own values for this. I think this way I could discover what the firmware limit is. Do you know where can I find information on how to modify the Canoscan 9000F backend driver or any information related to modifying/enhancing SANE scanner drivers? Thanks.

Mike