[sane-devel] UPDATE about: help to understand which of THESE scanner/printers is supported

Kelly Price strredwolf at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 16:39:14 BST 2022

I can answer that from a user's perspective.  My go-to for scanners is
the LiDE series.

Yes, they're USB powered because they use LED lighting.  It allows
them to sip power, so they're under the 5V 500mA limit.  I've had
these plugged in via a hub and now direct.  Works nicely.

And it's best if you use the "sane-releases" PPA, because Ubuntu can
lag behind.  It should work out of the box with the PPA.

--
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
http://redwolf.ws