receive file in runscript

Adrian Zaugg adi at ente.limmat.ch
Tue Mar 31 19:31:57 UTC 2015

Hi everyone

I know this is a devel list and my question is a user question, but I
couldn't find any hint in the docs or the net: How can I receive a file
with runscript?

I tried to use the runscript shell command "!" and catch stdin of the
shell, something like

expect {
"Bereit zum Auslesen der Zaehlerdaten per YMODEM Protokoll!"  goto getit
timeout 30	exit 2
}

getit:
	! $(cat) | sexyz -k ry

This doesn't work unfortunately. Also just calling sexyz doesn't work:

getit:
	! sexyz -k ry

Doing the procedure manually and chosing the sexyz external from the
minicom menu with "CTRL-a r" (I've set it up in the ui before) works
wonderful.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards, Adrian.

PS: I need to use sexyz because rb can't handle the YMODEM stream my
device produces.