[Nut-upsdev] Add baked-in support for Tripp Lite 302x protocols (they seem to generally work with ups.conf modification)

David Zomaya David_Zomaya at tripplite.com
Fri Jun 12 01:39:42 BST 2020

Hi all,

I'm from Tripp Lite.

Many of our smaller standby and line-interactive have recently changed from 20xx protocol numbers to 302x protocol numbers.

This has caused issues for a few people on the users mailing list, for example:
https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2020-June/011876.html
https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2020-June/011878.html
https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2020-May/011840.html

It seems like "productid=302x" in ups.conf (e.g. productid=3024 here: https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2020-May/011860.html) can fix the problems.

Is there something we can do to get that fix baked-in so these work with the same (or better) level of compatibility as the old 20xx UPSes "out of the box"?

Thank you,
David Zomaya
Tripp Lite

 This message is for the addressee's use only. It may contain confidential information. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender. Tripp Lite disclaims all warranties and liabilities, and assumes no responsibility for viruses which may infect an email sent to you from Tripp Lite and which damage your electronic systems or information. It is your responsibility to maintain virus detection systems to prevent damage to your electronic systems and information.